Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Monday, October 24, 2011

Budapest, Hungary

12 hours until I set off for Budapest with Taylor and his friend David.  As I was packing I kept thinking to myself how unfortunate it is that I'm not traveling with any girls because if I need anything such as hair dryer or straightener it is vital that I pack them both.  I can guarantee you that Taylor and David won't have them.  My biggest concern right now?  Keeping my luggage from getting lost.  We have 30 minutes to change flights in Prague and I'm a little concerned about how they will get my baggage from one tiny Czech Airlines flight to another...so I will try and spy out the windows at the airport and keep my fingers crossed!  

I'm so very excited to explore a new city and be in a new place!  I crave that feeling and its been quite awhile since I've spent a few days elsewhere.  

Wanderlust.  Yep, I've got it.  I've got it bad.  

Stole this one off of Kaelah's blog!  
My Mimi finds it hilarious and inspiring, my dad, not so much.  Some people are insanely jealous of my worldly travels and others think I'm crazy!  But either way, I'm going and I will continue going until money and time run out.  What a wonderful opportunity I have to travel to some of the most beautiful countries in the world and see the most amazing things and clearly I am taking advantage of it.  Or as the French would say..."profiting" from the situation.  

I've updated my iPhone with videos and Budapest travel apps, made copies of my passport and flight itineraries, charged the batteries in both of my cameras, and kept a little room in my suitcase so I can bring back some paprika and a Hungarian doll or two.  

So excited to satisfy my craving for new people, places, culture, and food (goulash, chilled cherry soup, and paprika stew this trip).  And most of all, I can't wait to share them with you!  

Remélem mindannyian kiváló héten. Amíg a következő alkalommal!

No comments:

Post a Comment