Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Monday, October 17, 2011

Pumpkins!


So, last Thursday I was browsing the aisles at Monoprix in the fruits and vegetables and just happened to look down on the bottom shelf....and what do I see?  A small package of three of the tiniest pumpkins you have ever seen.  Marked of course "for soup."  I haven't been able to find a complete, whole pumpkin anywhere in this city!  They are all cut into big wedges for cooking.  So I, without hesitation, grabbed the package and put it in my basket...along with the best looking pomegranate I could find in the bunch.  My sad, yet very welcome fall display in my tiny room in an attic in Paris:  

No comments:

Post a Comment