Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Conjucti-what?

Absolutely adorable cover of children's Vogue this month, huh?  That would be Place de la Concorde with a precious girl in a Burberry coat and Dior wool skirt....beautiful.  


I stayed "home" with Marie-Césare yesterday and today because she has pink eye.  Yuck.  Conjugti-something in French, which just sounds disgusting.  She is in good humor and up and about, but giving her eye drops 3 times a day is a nightmare.  Maybe its like that with all kids, but we lay on the couch, and she squeezes her eyes tightly shut with all her might-so-how do I get the drops in?  I tell her to open her eyes, but they start to shut even tighter, then the tears, then the screaming.  So I quickly PRY her eyes open (which I'm sure hurts way worse) and drop what I can of some crazy orange medicine in each eye.  What. An. Ordeal.  

We went to the Musée Quai Branly today, just to get out and do something different.  The museum has crazy costumes and masks and jewelry from all over the world, and since Marie-Césare loves all things African thanks to her previous nanny Paulette she thoroughly enjoyed it.  We stopped and got something to eat under the Eiffel Tower and enjoyed a crisp day out.  

Had to pass La Tour Eiffel to get to the Quai Branly...always a welcome surprise for us both.  
Her favorite thing in the museum
La rivière of words
And a not so happy photo after I scolded her for putting her lips on the glass.
Tomorrow is the regular Wednesday and I am only hoping Thursday her conjucti-whatever will be gone and she can go to school.  I am tired!  This month and next month are beyond crazy for Franck and Chloé so I have been staying a little later than usual which, lets face it, I don't really work that much but at these times I wish I was getting paid by the hour!  

No comments:

Post a Comment