Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Can I really count these as problems?

I don't know whether its because it is the beginning of March, or the coming of spring and summer, or the change in the weather...but I am getting nervous and anxious about the possibility of having to leave Paris this summer.  I am struggling with every waking moment whether or not to leave, or stay in this beautiful city that will forever be home.  

It could be that 3 or 4 months from now (yikes!) I leave Paris.  Depending on the extent of my visa, could be 5.  That is NO time at all.  On one hand I am excited to get back and see my family, give my parents hugs (that will be a year overdue), and spend time with my dearest sister.  But what will I do? Where will I go?  Even if I come home its not like I will be in Lawrenceburg with them all the time!  

Yesterday Alison and I picked up a couple of macarons from Ladurée, crossed Place de la Concorde, chatted in Tuileries for awhile, stumbled upon a fashion show because after all it is Paris Spring Fashion Week.  We had coffee in the Louvre and chanced upon a glimpse of the Venus de Milo.  I took the bus home and passed Notre-Dame, the Champs Élysées, and Parc Monceau.  How will I ever LIVE without these things as a part of my daily routine? (I know, I live in a fantasy world.) I can't even imagine not looking over at any point during the day hoping to catch a glimpse of La Tour Eiffel.  It's epically mind boggling to me and makes me want to break down into tears.  I cannot even express into words my love for this city and the person it has molded me to become.  It has seen my good side, my bad side, and everything in between...and still loves me back!

I suppose only time will tell, and there's no telling how many of these anxiety ridden posts you will read over the next 4 months, but thanks for your continued support and for reading my little piece of the blogosphere! 

No comments:

Post a Comment