Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Oh how I love random days in paris...

Okay, so today was my much anticipated tour of the metro with mes amies.  I was perhaps the most excited of the 4 of us, with visiting one of the abandoned metro stations just icing on the cake.  Since I have just arrived home, and it is already late, I will leave that for tomorrow when I have time and sense enough to compose my thoughts.  I will leave you with some photos of our cloudy afternoon picnic at Parc Floral de Paris.  Or shall I say...our obsession with trying to see how many letters we could climb on?  

Laura's creative photo of the day...yes, I will give her credit where credit is due.  

Quite a pretty comfy "C."
Rozy came to join.
Laura and I had a couple of hours to kill before we were going to see La Dame de Fer, or, The Iron Lady (a movie I do recommend if you haven't already seen it...Meryl Streep is such a marvelous actress)...so we spent them strolling along the Promenade des Plantes near Bastille and sitting on a park bench in Parc de Bercy, one of my all-time favorites.  I introduced Laura to Cour Saint Emilion, the sprawling street of restaurants and shops geared for the young and recently married.   

I will try and get my thoughts together and put up the metro tour blog tomorrow.  We certainly spent enough time plodding around the steps and paths of the underground de Paris to last for awhile!  

No comments:

Post a Comment