Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Routines...

Yesterday I was greeted at school by a sweet, happy, kiss-giving Marie-Césare.  It is always nice to know that she misses me, but keeps the thought in the back of my head that we will eventually be parting ways.  We spent a lovely afternoon together at the park and a fun evening at home having tickle fights and jumping on her bed.  

In other travel news....Laura and I bought our tickets for a weekend of skiing in the Alps!  We are staying with my friend Kerry (whom many of you may have seen here...we spent every weekend together last spring in Paris), as she is working the winter season in ritzy Courchevel, Les 3 Vallées.  I spent much more money on the train ticket than I wanted to, but after being convinced by my stepfather, Pat, that this is an experience I wouldn't want to miss out on....I couldn't pass it up.  I have nothing but a toboggan and my North Face to prepare me for such a snowy adventure...so renting gear will be in my near future.  I'm nervous and excited and prepared to spend the weekend on the bunny slopes with all the children.  ha!  
We will leave early Saturday morning, March 24th and come back Monday morning the 26th in time to pick up the kiddos.  The train takes about 4 or 5 hours...more on our way home with 2 changes.  

It's nice to be back in a routine-la rentrée scolaire, Marie-Césare, and weekends bopping about Paris.  This weekend?  We have signed up for a behind the scenes, underground tour of the Paris metro....including but not limited to...the old abandoned metro stations!  I couldn't be any more excited about this.  I find the Parisian metro to be such a fascinating network of trains and schedules and history and I can't wait to see what this tour holds!  Completely in French, and with my best friends, we will put our brains and Navigo passes to good use and explore yet another underground world of Paris.  I have done the Catacombs and the Sewer Museum...what else is left of underground Paris?!  How are these buildings even standing!? ha!  

1 comment:

  1. I'm eagerly anticipating Saturday! My French is going to be tested quite dramatically!

    ReplyDelete