Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Thursday, May 31, 2012

2.......1?

Well, it's my birthday.  I am in complete denial that I'm turning 25, and am really just pretending I'm turning 21 again.  Although if I was turning 21 again, I wouldn't be in France....and wouldn't have spent these last 2 life changing years in Paris.  So, since I get to celebrate in Paris, I suppose that 25 will have to do!  This time last year Ashleigh and I were bouncing around Disneyland with Cinderella and Peter Pan...and I couldn't have been a happier girl.  I had just decided to stay another year in Paris, and I was on an all time high.  I can't say that this year I have the same sentiments...as my second year here is coming to a close, but I am approaching my birthday with a positive spin with lunch on the Champ de Mars in front of la Tour Eiffel, then celebrating this evening with Chloé, Franck, and the kids with dinner at La Maison Mère.  I have a pile of cards on my table ready and waiting for me to open them from loved ones around the world, and a sweet present my dad and Beverly thought to send ages ago.  (It's difficult having a gift lying around and not opening it!)

Thankful for all of you who are thinking of me today....enough to check the blog.  25 will be another year of new beginnings....so really.... how bad can that be???  You all know I love a good adventure!!!!!!!

Cheers!


2 comments:

  1. Happy wonderful day, Maggie. 25 may seem like a lot to you, but it is only a beginning to wise old women like myself! You are one beautiful person, in every way, and you can celebrate that you have had 25 wonderful years to be in other people's lives and make them feel better for having known you.

    ReplyDelete