Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Backwards.

I went swimming again today with Rozy. We approached the ticket desk and our tariff for being less than 26 years old is 1.70.  I gave the frigid you-know-what a 20 euro note and .70 centimes. She asked me if I had a carte bleue, which is the credit card most widely accepted in Europe, with the special chip in it for most European credit/debit machines.  I gave her a confused look and said yes, and handed over my card.

She then proceeded to swipe my card and handed me a receipt.

Because it makes so much more sense to put 1.70 on a debit card versus paying in cash?? Never ever have I been in a country where the "exact amount" of money was so necessary.  Or a country that didn't accept a 20 dollar/euro/forint/pound note.  

If only it were the first time that has happened to me in France.....

1 comment:

  1. LOL Most people here would dig change not to have to use their card for something priced so low.

    ReplyDelete