Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Chipotle, Paris

Okay, so I know it sounds silly, but I have been waiting for the opening of Chipotle Paris for like 6 months now.  It was suppose to be open in February, but the doors have forever been closed and the rumor going around is that they couldn't find a supplier for some of their foods here in France, and also that they decided last minute to redesign some of the seating space.  Who knows if any of that is true.....

Either way, I am ecstatic that Chipotle has opened.  I heard they were giving away free burritos on Thursday, the 24th for their grand opening.  Unfortunately, I couldn't be in attendance.  I convinced the girls today that we should go give it a try.  The staff was very friendly, spoke both English and French, and the manager was bopping around everywhere making sure things were running smoothly.  It was very American...which was a nice change.  Everyone greeted us with smiles on their faces and burritos were stuffed with happiness.  I started talking to the manager/owner as soon as he realized I was American.  I told him how excited I was for them to have opened here...finally!  He gave me my burrito for free, which was super nice...all my European friends swear that's an American thing.  It certainly is never done here in France....even for crappy service or bad food.  I can tell you this...his kind words, friendly service, offering to comp my meal, and attention to detail certainly make me want to keep coming back.  

Tabasco sauce was found on every table, sustainable and recyclable products were abundant, and the Chipotle promise of using only fresh ingredients was evident in the taste of the burrito.  The seating area upstairs was open and airy, and in very American fashion the tables weren't all crammed up on top of each other-which I rather enjoyed.  The salsa's were a bit toned down as to allow for the lighter palate of the French tongue...they are not so keen on super spicy foods.  I got the medium salsa and it was perfect, with just the right amount of kick.  The portion sizes - although still huge, were a tad smaller than the ones we get in the States I believe.  

Smack dab on a busy corner of Grand Boulevards....a very Americanized corner of town if you will.  McDonald's, Starbucks, Chipotle, Hard Rock Café and Subway all within 200 feet of each other.  They seem to have done their research.  

Chicken burrito:  cilantro-lime rice, chicken, black beans, sour cream, cheese, and medium salsa.  
I suggest that anyone in Paris at least go check it out...it has certainly been popular with all the American ex-pats!


Sunny, warm weather, free burrito, drinks this evening on the Champ de Mars, few extra bucks from my school deposited into my bank account yesterday, clean sheets, and a new jar of crunchy Speculoos sitting on my counter..... It's a good day!


Chipotle Paris
20 Boulevard Montmartre
75009, Paris

Metro: Richelieu-Drouot

No comments:

Post a Comment