Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Monday, May 28, 2012

Rue de Courcelles

One of my favorite things about Paris is walking home on a warm, sunny evening down rue de Courcelles...especially on a weekend or a jour férié, when there are little to no people bopping about.  Being in such a wealthy neighborhood, the streets are calm and I occasionally pass a family on trotinettes or an old couple out for an evening stroll with their golden retriever.  Sometimes I complain that my street is so residential and that the supermarkets and boulangeries are never open on a Sunday or bank holiday.  In spite of that, I really appreciate it.  I caught myself today strolling along, peeking into people's balconies, window shopping, admiring the stunning architecture and how it contrasts with the newly blooming cherry trees and green leafy arbres.  For such a main road in Paris, the quiet and still of the street is reassuring and peaceful.  

It's safe and it's my home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment