Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Bittersweet Moments

Today was yet another difficult day for me, as yet another friend left us behind in Paris!  My dearest, dearest friend Taylor said his goodbyes this evening as he headed out to Chatou for one last dinner with his host family.  We spent an absolutely beautiful afternoon on the Champ de Mars in front of La Tour Eiffel.  Somebody special had a hand in clearing up our 16 day rain streak for one last hoorah of warm sun just for Taylor.  

Even though the chances of us meeting this summer are very, very likely, its still hard to say goodbye.  We have had some amazing memories and moments here in Paris together, as well as other various locations around Europe.  Taylor and I have been friends since our freshman year at Ole Miss, but I suppose the most cherished of those memories are the ones we've spent here.  Snow days, Thanksgiving feasts, picnics in front of the Eiffel Tower and dinners in Montmartre....nights out on the town, our amazing week in Budapest, the millions of baguettes shared between the two of us....all will certainly be missed.  

I'm not sure if its the fact that he's leaving, or maybe because it really hit home that I'm leaving soon...but I have been emotionally stricken by his absence.  All too soon, that will be me saying my goodbyes, giving Marie-Césare her last kiss on the cheek, enjoying my last Parisian nutella crêpe, getting one last giant hug of reassurance from Didou, and enjoying the beautiful evening as I stroll home to Rue de Courcelles.  I'm not sure I will ever survive.  (Okay, obviously I will...but it is going to be one of the toughest things I have ever done.)  My Mimi asked me the other day if I would be heartbroken when I leave Paris?  Absolutely.  As much as I miss my family and friends, and am so glad to get back to everyone, I think today I have 100% proven to myself that I will be absolutely heartbroken.  But I eventually will pick up the pieces and put them back together and somehow go on....but Paris will always always always remain a big part of who I am, who I've come to be, and will always stay with me, for Paris is a moveable feast you know.  Was it Hemingway who said that?  He is absolutely right.  

So for now, I will quit blubbering on and leave you with some happy memories from today!  Love you Taylor! À bientôt!!

Maybe from Taylor's expression the topic of conversation here was Speculoos?
A truly Rozy facial expression.  
Our devoured picnic.  

Absolutely love this photo and the people in it!
Flora, Rozy, Taylor, Laura, me, and Daniel
Our last one....seems so surreal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment