Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Monday, April 30, 2012

La Piscine.

Today was yet another non-working day for us, as tomorrow is a holiday "fête du travail" so all of the French have just treated it as a super long weekend, on top of the 2 week holiday period we just had.  Gee, tell me why I have any inkling to leave again?  

Rozy and I went to the pool to swim some laps this morning, but after about 30 minutes I was getting so incredibly frustrated at my "lap mates" that I had to get out.  The laps aren't labeled "fast lane, slow lane, lane for people who can't swim, etc" like they are out at the pool at Neuilly.  (I suppose that's why Neuilly can charge 5 euro entry...) There were probably 10 people in each lane, and with only 6 lanes....that makes for a lot of people in a little pool.  So I basically spent the time swimming on top of people, waiting for people to go, or sprinting past a slow person right down the middle of the lane with yet another person on the other side.  I tried 3 different lanes with no good luck.  The final lane I had chosen, there was a woman who was just behind me, and every time we would get to the wall (before I even had the time to take a breath) she would immediately turn and say, "Vous allez madame?" ("You are going?")  EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.  I wanted to say, "YESSSSSSS you freak I am going but I am waiting until the person in front of me gets off the wall first before I start or else I will be swimming on TOP of them like you have been doing to ME!  In fact I can't even make a proper stroke because I don't have enough room and I'm often doggy paddling down the length of the pool!"  And I am a fast swimmer!  Faster than her anyway....

Instead, I bit my tongue a bit and told her, "Yes, I am going, but I am going to wait a little bit so that the person in front of me has room to actually swim."  *cough* Take a hint. 

Okay, rant over.  
We met Taylor at the Champ de Mars for a bit before it started to get chilly and rainy.  Tomorrow is suppose to be 67 and sunny and I am only praying it doesn't change between now and then.  Last day with my Taylor boo!!! It's just the beginning of those summer goodbyes and I hate summer au pair goodbyes.  They are too often very, very, heartbreaking.  

No comments:

Post a Comment