Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Easter! Spring! Flowers! Eggs!

Today was another Wednesday spent without Didou or Padi, since Padi is still feeling under the weather with his foot all barred up in a cast.  Luckily, a happy spring package arrived yesterday and I couldn't wait to open it up today with Marie-Césare.  Mom warned me that most of the stuff in it was for her anyway, so I didn't even bother taking it home first to sort it all out.  She was so ecstatic to find so many fun, Easter things inside one little box!  

Merci Maman Flynn!  
She was immediately drawn to the little hopping wind-up bunny, the glittery stickers, and a cute banana flavored sucker in the shape of un lapin.  It was like Christmas.  

We sorted everything out and got to baking on some spring cookies.  In our package was a massive tower of pastel colored sprinkles that we both couldn't wait to open.  We made a quick, tried and true French recipe for Sablés, one that I now have memorized by heart.  When really, the only thing that matters is the decorations we are putting on the top, I don't fuss much with a complicated cookie recipe.  

I had red icing leftover from Valentine's Day and found blue glittery icing when I was cleaning out some things a few weeks ago.  Call me lazy that I didn't want to make pink or green icing....although it would have been much prettier.  


Thanks Maman for the awesome Easter package!!!  We will get to the egg dying kit tomorrow.....

.......now, if we can only find some white eggs????  

No comments:

Post a Comment