Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Friday, April 6, 2012

Reality.

So this is the third night in the past two weeks that Franck has expressed to me that he is really going to miss me when I'm gone.  It's one thing for a mother to say it, but for a macho-nothing-can-get-to-me-I'm-invincible father tell me that he hasn't got a clue what he's going to do when I leave....brings tears to my eyes.  We were both saying tonight how fast these past 2 years have passed, and I well up the minute I start thinking about leaving.  I cannot even imagine my life without this wonderful, unique family in it...and am shocked at how little time I have left here with them.  I know that I hit the au pair jackpot, and it normally doesn't happen like this.  I am fully aware.  For our personalities to collide, our relationships to grow, our reasons of discipline not too far off from one another, our morals and values to have been so on point...there's no way I could have picked a better family if I tried.  

Franck has been in the process of creating this new company/job for the past 6 months and told me he wished another year could pass quickly so that he could hire me as his assistant.  He said I'd be perfect for the job.  It's unfortunate the timing on that one....
I then told him that he has to quit telling me he's going to miss me because then I think much more about leaving and how I'm not just leaving France or Paris...but my family.  

As if it isn't enough heartache to come to terms with the fact that I'm leaving Paris???

1 comment:

  1. It's hard to leave something good, but I'm sure something great will come next!!

    ReplyDelete