Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Fontainebleau, Round 2

Yesterday for Easter Monday, the girls and I packed up and headed out to Fontainebleau, to check out the château.  I went last year with Ashleigh and Charlotte, but since the train out to zone 5 was free as well as entrance to the château, I figured why not?  

Fontainebleau is second only to Versailles, and I particularly enjoy the La galerie des assiettes found at Fontainebleau.  My friends didn't seem so interested.  The weather was rather gross, and our picnic outside was a bit hurried and unenjoyable, although we tend to make the most of every situation.  It is the most furnished château of all French châteaux, and one of the most intimate.  I won't bore you with all the details, you can go back and read last years' here.  (Couldn't believe that by May last year I was wearing shorts! At this point it feels like it will neverrrr warm up!)


Signs of spring! Just wish it would hurry up....



Library
Chapel
View from the gardens.
Windy!!!
Hannah arrives TOMORROW morning! Yes, tomorrow. She is probably boarding her plane in Dallas right this very moment.  I can't wait to pick her up at the airport and spend an entire 10 days with her!!  Don't know how much blogging I will get done, but rest assured there will certainly be a post for London.  We leave for the English capital Saturday morning and get back Tuesday evening!  My British friends here in Paris (aka, all of the girls you see above) have given me excellent advice, but I'm open to opinions and suggestions.  What is your favorite thing to do in London town?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment