Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Hannah in Paris!

So, besides our jaunt to London, Hannah and I spent a wonderful 4 days here in Paris.  I love showing the people I love around my city, opening their eyes to my world here, and Hannah got to see just exactly what it was that I do.  The good and the bad.  We spent her recovery day at Chloé and Franck's napping and playing with Marie-Césare.  


We weren't too rushed to get everything in, as Hannah wasn't as fussed over doing every museum and little thing that we could squeeze in.  I can tell you this, we never missed a meal, or an open bench to sit down on for a little while.  I haven't eaten that much in one week since my parents were here.  It's not that I don't eat, but I don't have regular eating habits...and if I'm busy or just around the city and forget to have lunch...it just happens!  That will probably all change when I get back to the States unfortunately.....

I took my camera with me everywhere we went and I'm so glad I did because I was able to catch subtle signs of spring that I don't remember seeing last year!  There were beautiful spring tulips everywhere!  Flowering trees, butterflies, birds chirping…..the only thing that wasn’t spring was the weather.  I didn’t consider it to be very cold, but Hannah was freezing the entire trip.  

Beautiful tulips at Notre-Dame
Have never seen the "Locks of Love" bridge so full!!!
Notre-Dame

This would be an excellent, "Where in the world is this" photo. 
Panthéon
Also, other random sightings in Paris that make me happy!  

This outdoor café in Jardin du Luxembourg
Our afternoon snack from Angelina's.
This couple taking their wedding photos in Tuileries.
This little old man taking an afternoon bicycle ride to Jardin de Tuileries.  
And this pup playing around on the grass...
We had one sunny day in front of the Eiffel Tower, and a rainy day ON the Eiffel Tower.  It was miserable.  When we were waiting in line at the bottom there was no rain, just a little wind, and a lot of other tourists.  We went all the way to the tip top and it was FREEZING, windy as all get out, and people were only standing on one side of the tower.  It was swaying more than I've ever felt before....it was like we were on the top of a toothpick in the middle of a giant tornado.  Horrible.  But, we made it through....didn't stay long.  At least, not long enough to make our 13 euros worth it!! 




I get what this guy was trying to get us to do but he justttttt missed it.   
Hello, perfect photo.
I'm so strong!
Horribly windy and cold.  
The day after we got back from London, we met Taylor for a little jaunt through the grand department stores and for lunch at the top of Au Printemps.  Didou goes here all the time with Marie-Césare and just raves about it...so I figured we could try it out.  I won't say the food is anything to write home about, as it is more of a cafeteria style restaurant...but the view is more than spectacular enough to make up for the mediocre food.  You can get a close up of the domes of Au Printemps, as well as a birds eye view of the Sacre-Coeur and La Tour Eiffel.  Perhaps one of my favorite views thus far!  Would love to go at night...


Taylor got a little shutter happy so we have an entire photo shoot of us fighting our hair in the wind....I picked a few of my favorites.  

Wait for it.... 
So ridiculous...
Finally! We're ready!


We met Taylor and Rozy for dinner that night in Montmartre.  It was rainy again, but the restaurant was cozy and the company was so nice.  We never treat ourselves and go out to eat, and its always such a pleasure to have a glass of wine and eat some boeuf bourguignon and crème brûlée.  



I had such a lovely time, and I hope that Hannah did as well.  We spent hours relaxing in Tuileries and the Jardin du Luxembourg, we ate crêpes and baguettes until our hearts content, and we took photos until our memory cards were full.  Love you Han and I'm so glad you came to spend your vacation days with me in Europe!!! If there are any other potential takers you better come quick because my time and my free apartment are running out!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment