Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Friday, November 4, 2011

Arc-en-ciel

Yesterday thanks to Pinterest.... Marie-Césare, Paul, and I got creative.  Paul (the neighbor kid) came over at 6 in the evening to stay for a couple of hours while his parents were working late.  He's a pretty good kid so I didn't mind very much.  We were whipping together some buttercream and realized we had red, green, and yellow food coloring but no blue.  So we ran down to the supermarket and of course there wasn't any! So I bought some blue smurf candy, melted it in the microwave and added it to make a weird shade of blue...but it would have to do.  

I tried marshmallows for the clouds, but the rainbow candy wasn't staying very well so we just used plain buttercream.  The kids squealed with delight at their finished product.  And although they don't look quite like the perfect photos on Pinterest, I was satisfied with our makeshift version!  



No comments:

Post a Comment