Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Shoving and Pushing Little Kids 101

If you are not in the mood for Disney, this is not the blog for you to read today.  

Yesterday's visit was just as magical as my last visit to Disney...if not more so.  We arrived just in time for the gates to open at 10.  Making a tour of Walt Disney Studios first, since it closed at 6 and the other stayed open until 10.  The lines were already 50 minutes long, and there was nothing there that we decided was a "must see" so after a couple of photo ops we headed out the gate.  




Only what did we find as leaving?  Crowds of people around characters!  The first character we approached was Donald Duck, and we waited a really long time to get our picture with him because we felt bad pushing in front of little kids and their parents.  The second time around with Woody?  I elbowed a 13 year old in the shoulder and threw my camera at someone in the crowd.  The third time around with Emile, Remy from Ratatouille's brother?  No regrets.  We had no manners and absolutely no regrets about pushing in front of 3 year olds.  Probably pretty terrible, but it wasn't like they were being very nice either.  

Donald!! (Yes, we're on a first name basis now...)
Emile
Woody
Remy
Chip. Or Dale? I can never remember.
At the very end was a long queue and we couldn't see who it was.  We got a little closer then all of a sudden Rozy took a mad dash to the line.  We of course, followed in suit, and realized that it was a line to meet Mickey!  Um....of course we will wait 30 minutes in line to meet the one and only!  


At the entrance to the other park was yet another queue.  Goofy dressed up as Santa in a sleigh filled with presents surrounded by twinkling Christmas trees.  Naturally, we waited again.  


And, for those of you doubting, we were not the only group there older than 5 having our pictures taken with characters.  Sooooo there.  

A quick trip through Princess Aurora's castle and straight to Dumbo!!!! I haven't ridden Dumbo since I was a little kid and I remember it vividly from Disney World Florida.  It brought back such memories and made me feel as giddy as I did when Barbie remembered my name.  


Stained glass in Sleeping Beauty's Castle
Aw, who doesn't want a Prince Charming?
DUMBO!






We caught the cast of Peter Pan scurrying across the park to their next adventure.  Earlier that morning instead of Mickey or Minnie ears, Rozy had bought a Peter Pan hat to sport for the day (it's her favorite film).  As they were running across the park we stopped in awe and to see if we could snap a photo or two.  They noticed her hat and pointed out to her and commented on it.  She raced after them but could only catch a short glimpse before they darted off the the area marked "Cast Members Only."  


Mad Hatter's Tea Cups always bring out the kid in me. 


We had a seat on the cold, damp, sidewalk around 4 so that we could guard our places for the parade at 5.  We wanted to be sure to be front row, and front row we were.  

Mickey, Minnie, Donald Duck
Alice in Wonderland
Winnie the Pooh!!!
Peter and Wendy.  This was taken after they spotted Rozy in the crowd...again... and of course played around with her,  doing the typical "lost boys" nah-nah finger on your nose gesture.  She was so star struck you would have thought she met the President.  
And my personal favorite, Mary Poppins.
Cute float, huh?
Ariel and Eric
Aurora and Phillip
Snow White and Prince...does he have a name?
Another personal fave, my girl...Tiana.
Cinderella and Prince Charming!  

Jolted back after the parade to fit in Space Mountain (reluctantly) and Peter Pan. (the cutest ride ever...have I explained it to you guys?)  You get into these little pirate ships built for 4 or 6 people and you fly from the ceiling over sparkly London and through Wendy's playroom.  It then takes you over Hook's pirate ship as you walk the plank.  All while listening to "You Can Fly."  It's precious.  

We walked back to Main Street for the Fantillusion parade at 8.  I kinda thought it was going to be a bit Christmas-y, but so much more than we ever expected.  It was like glitter and lights everywhere.  We had another excellent spot, again elbowing out some little kids along the way.  My video turned out better than the photos, I was trying to do two and once which is why its a bit shaky!  

Mickey
Ariel and Eric
Let me know if this video doesn't work.  The quality was good until I resized it...sorry!!


Doesn't the castle look beautimous?  

The window displays were spectacular for Christmas!
Christmas tree on Main Street
We finished off the day with Indiana Jones (which I sat out), Big Thunder Mountain and some ornament shopping in the Disney gift shop.  With it being the season and all I couldn't pass up an ornament to hang on my tree for years to come.  We still have the one from our trip many, many years ago and every time I hang it on the branch of our freshly cut Fraser Fir, I remember so fondly the memories of our trip to Disney World.  Now I can remember my trip at Christmastime with 2 good friends, meeting lots of characters, at Disneyland Paris.  

1 comment:

  1. Awwww it really was the greatest day!
    And yes I still feel star struck! It was the best 'tongue sticking out' moment of my life!

    ReplyDelete