Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Quetzal's and Wapiti's

I know its winter when the family starts putting food outside on the terrace because there's no room in the refrigerator.  


The French have very little food safety standards and wouldn't think twice about eating this soup after it had been sitting out all night without a lid...nor the soup inside that had just been chilling on the stovetop since Saturday.  No big deal.  

Marie-Césare has this game that works on spelling and letters and such.  You can also change it to where it will pronounce the pictures in English.  I have been speaking English all my life and have never heard of a "quetzal" or a "wapiti" but apparently, they are the same in English as in French.  I'm 100% sure they could have come up with a better "q" or "w" word.  


Last night we threw a surprise "Bon Voyage" party for Estelle.  She's leaving on Saturday and we are trying to fit everything in this week!  

We wandered around Le Marais and Saint Germain Sunday with nothing exactly in mind, and stumbled upon Jardin du Luxembourg which was the first thing I did in Paris (to the day) exactly one year ago.  It was strange to think about but also came with sentiment.  



Browsed around Notre Dame and Shakespeare and Company before it got dark.  


Famous English bookstore

I didn't take any pictures last night at Estelle's party so I'll have to get them from my friends before I post.  I did however, make a pumpkin pie for her which was my first attempt at a homemade pumpkin pie.  Used Paula Deen's recipe so...how could it have gone wrong?  It was delish.  

No comments:

Post a Comment