Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Home for the Holidays

Well, I'm signing off tonight for the next 17 or so days. Marie-Césare and I leave Paris tomorrow at 2:30. I'm so exhausted from a whirlwind few weeks that I can't even tell you how excited I am to sleep a little later and on an actual mattress. Ha!

We went to dance this morning and it was "open door" day. So, I stayed and was the parental cheerleader for Marie-Césare. She did well, although she is so peculiar about the way she does things that it slowed her down a bit. Her teacher, Cami, is really sweet and everything you would want in your little girls dance teacher. Andddd, the first song she played was from Mary Poppins and continued with a few of my favorite Disney classics so I liked her even more.  I will post videos and pictures after I get back when its not 1 am.  

This afternoon we made cotton ball santas...

Sorry for the sideways photo...its sooo lateee...
Opened really awesome Christmas gifts thanks to an awesome package from my mother...




And painted our nails with the new OPI Muppet Collection's "Rainbow Connection."


I'm babysitting tonight, school tomorrow at 8 am, picking up Marie-Césare from school at 11:30, and catching the train...2 1/2 hour train ride and whew. C'est les vacances!!!

I hate not having great Internet there, but it's too much trouble to lug my computer back and forth. I hope each and every one of you have an excellent holiday with your families...whatever corner of this world that may be in and whatever time zone you may be a part of. I hope my friends in the southern hemisphere have great Christmas barbecues filled with warmth and sunshine (still so bizarre for me to imagine) and those of you to the north I wish you a very Merry, white, and snowy Christmas. Me? I'll be somewhere in between hot and cold, sun and snow, and American and French. I'll be thinking about my family and wishing I was in Tennessee, but another Christmas with my "adopted" family who loves me I am sure just as much as my "real" (as opposed to fake..but you know what I mean..)  family does in the south of France doesn't sound half bad does it? I believe it will suit me just fine.

Although next Christmas, no matter where I am in this world, I am going home for the holidays. You can bet your bottom dollar.

No comments:

Post a Comment