Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Bonne Année!!!

2011 has been one hell of a year for me!  

For many of my friends and family, it hasn't been a good one...and I myself have had ups and downs, but overall...I will be sad to see 2011 leave.  2011 was a huge stepping stone for me as a young woman, I have discovered that I can do anything...as long as I put my mind to it.  I have always heard that from my parents, but it just went in one ear and out the other.  I have discovered that it is okay for me to by alone sometimes...not to always have to be surrounded by people every second of every day.  I have discovered I can speak French, and it comes as naturally as English.  I have discovered that I can live without many things that I "thought" were necessities.  My KitchenAid Stand Mixer, my cozy bathrobe, electric toothbrush, 5 different pillows on my bed at one time, and frozen Eggo Multi-Grain waffles in the morning are all things I've somehow successfully learned to live without.  

I can move to a country where I don't know a single soul, and come out triumphant with some of the best friends anyone could ever ask for.  I can successfully cook using kilos and grams instead of cups and tablespoons.  I learned to take awesome photos on my high-tech camera.  And by golly, I can fix a broken pipe under my sink.  Not to mention be the best au pair in the entire world.  

I am looking forward to 2012 and what it will bring into my life.  What I can share with you all as my days in France slowly come to and end....or do they?  I'm still unsure what I will do come August, whether I will have found a job in the United States or France (or elsewhere)?  What people I will meet, the new places I will go (still...feeding my wanderlust of course), and the fabulous things I will see.  I have seen parts of the world I would have never had the opportunity to see if I hadn't taken the chance and I wouldn't change a single second.  

So, bring it on 2012, bring me everything you've got because I'm ready!!!!! 

A few highlights of 2011...

Miss these girls...
Ashleigh's Eiffel Tower Birthday Party
Day trip to Giverny...Girls, remember how excited we were to get out of the city??
Studying in Parc Monceau
My Trip to Italy with Ashleigh
It was such a good trip..it deserved two photos. 
Lazy afternoon naps with Marie-Césare in Parc Monceau.
Mom and Pat coming to visit!! SUPER highlight!
Summer break in Provence.
Summer vacation in Belgium! 
Visiting friends and family back home! 
BUFFETT!!! One of the top 5 things I've done in my life so naturally it made the list...
Budapest, Hungary
Christmas Dinner...English style.  
Disneyland Paris Round 2!
Love you ALL!!

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my wonderful daddy!!! I love you!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment