Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Thursday, December 8, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

After dance class yesterday Marie-Césare and I went off to run a million errands before Padi and Didou arrived.  Chloé had left us a list a mile long, and it's always so much more complicated when Marie-Césare comes along...but, that's life.  They arrived and Padi brought the tree in from the terrace.  There was no straightening of the tree and checking how it looks from every entryway because it was already set in a tree stump stand.  So-doesn't matter how you want it to be...its just stuck.  Padi took on the lights while Marie-Césare and Didou took out all the ornaments and reminisced about each one.  I miss hanging on my porcelain ballet shoes, my little dancing mouse, all 7 of my Merri-Mac ornaments, and yes mom, even that ugly light bulb ornament I made in the 6th grade.  


Marie-Césare putting on the ornaments and Didou going behind her and putting them where she wants them to be.
After a few hard spats back and forth between Gaspard and Marie-Césare, and Marie-Césare and everyone else (she was quite the terrible pistol yesterday), it was finally finished.  It's a beauty.  (Finished product photo will be posted tomorrow!)  In Provence we will decorate another small Christmas tree, but this one suited me quite well.  I will try and enjoy it immensely over the next week, along with all the other Christmas happenings in Paris that I've got to explore.  

Last night I took Marie-Césare to the private grand opening of the Babar exposition at the Musée des Art Decoratifs.  (Instead of pony..yay!) Unfortunately my phone battery died and I was sans camera, so I have no photos.  The expo was super cute, and everything was hung a little lower on the walls for the kids.  They had interactive computers with games and animation ideas, the actual life-size costumes for each character, and every Babar toy, book and game dating back to 1940.  I recommend it even to those "adults" in Paris who read my blog.  Aka, my Disney loving au pair friends.  

Tomorrow we are having a typical English Christmas dinner (lunch) at my friend Alison's house.  We will do just like Thanksgiving, except its made by my dear friends from the United Kingdom.  I can't tell you that I particularly love the recipes and specialty dishes from England (they do seem a bit harsh...don't you think?) although I am looking forward to trying their biggest meal of the year.  And we have drawn names for secret santa! 5 euro limit so we couldn't go overboard...but I think I've got the perfect something for the perfect someone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment