Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Monday, December 5, 2011

I should really write a how-to book.

Well, I went back to the office of the Main d'Ouevre Étranger today for the 3rd (and not final) time.  It's in the suburbs so it takes me the end of a metro line and 2 buses to get there, and by now I know the path by heart.  I waited in line for 30 minutes at the acceuil desk just for them to tell me I needed to go wait in another line.  I was determined to get some answers today, so after a couple of lines and only an hour or so of waiting I finally talked to the woman who had my dossier in her hand.  Yes, that's what I wanted all along.  

She said that I had not given her colleague enough information last week, and that she had sent me a letter explaining what documents I was missing.  SENT ME A LETTER?! Isn't it so much quicker just to pick up the phone and call me???? Not that she's in any rush, she's French, so whenever she gets around to it, she gets around to it.  I had a couple of them with me so I got those checked off the list, and now am only missing one!! I had to give my certificat d'assiduité which is a paper from my teachers explaining that I have actually been going to class and making good grades.  Lord help those au pairs who never go to class an expect to stay here in France!  Hoping to get the other one from Chloé today or tonight...go back tomorrow and turn it in, and have it returned to me by the end of the week.  (In an ideal situation obviously) Then hopefully next Monday or Tuesday I can go back to the other office and turn everything in so my renewal can be processed.  Whew.  

I would love not to have to come back to Paris from Provence on the 22nd but its getting down to crunch time.  We shall see!  

Still can't figure out anything to get Chloé and Franck or Padi and Didou for Christmas.  I know they aren't expecting anything big...for they do know my pauvre salary, but I should still give something as a thought.  Any ideas?  

No comments:

Post a Comment