Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Les Lumières de Noël

I have been out enjoying Christmas lights!!  Friday night after work Laura and I wandered around Place de la Concorde, Place Vendôme, and Madeleine and this is what we found!  

Roundabout in front of Champs Élysées-Clemenceau
We also paid 10 euros to go on the massive tourist trap, the Roue de Paris.  The giant ferris wheel that is right between Place de la Concorde and Tuileries.  I remember wanting to do it last year, but was certain I wouldn't miss out this year.  There wasn't a long line...and I got a few good shots, but nothing to drool over.  


Looking over to the Hotel de Crillon
Obelisk and the Champs Élysées
The perfect Parisian trifecta:  Eiffel Tower, Place de la Concorde, and Champs Élysées
Christmas lights at Place Vendôme
Window displays at Dolce and Gabbana
Window displays at Galliano
I don't like this concept...but he's beautiful, non?  

Hermès
Today I ventured out to La Défense to the Christmas markets.  They are supposedly the biggest in the Paris area, and were pretty well laid out I will say!  


Donuts and Beignets..yum.


Home sweet home, Rue de Courcelles
We did end up taking a closer look at the Hôtel de Crillon.  It is, what I think, the most beautiful hotel in all of Paris.  It is stunningly beautiful with columns and hand painted ceilings, the service and security is top notch, and the location directly on the Place de la Concorde isn't too shabby either.  The amount of detail that this hotel puts into its daily activities is world class....as if the Lamborghini's and Ferrari's out front don't give that away.  



I wanted to go in and take a peek around so badly....but I just wasn't dressed appropriately.  Beautiful people were prancing around in evening gowns and long-tailed coats with diamonds dripping from every earlobe and finger and what did I have an eye on?  Their lush hotel room.  Typical.  


So if anyone is winning the lottery or just has an extra couple of thousand to spare, I would love to stay here...just one night.  I think that's all it will take.  

No comments:

Post a Comment