Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I see the light!

Well friends and family, I can now say I see the light at the end of the tunnel.  No, not the tiny flickering light that you think might be the end, but the definite archway of the exit.  I had a rdv with the visa office the 22nd of December, but went today to avoid having to come back to Paris over my holidays.  After arguing with the man at acceuil for 10 minutes that I needed to see someone today, he realized I was relentless and just gave up.  He took me back to guichet Z where I then asked to talk to the lady that I did the last time, Marie.  Turns out Marie wasn't working today, so I turned that situation to my favor.  

I told the new girl that I had called a few days ago and Marie told me to come in whenever I needed and give them my documents.  (100% not true...but Marie wasn't there so who was she to know?)  I sat down immediately and gave her all the documents Marie told me to come back with.  I waited in the salle d'attente for 20 minutes or so while she discussed some things with her coworkers and put some information into the computers.  "Mademoiselle Phil-peaux, venez avec moi" I heard from a distance and went and sat down with a different woman, who was very pleasant and agreeable to be around (surprising for French administration workers).  My paperwork from my school says that I am enrolled until June, 2012 but am only paid up until March, 2012.  True story.  She said that she could either do my visa now but only renew it until the end of March and then I would have to start the process all over again to get it renewed until I leave, or I could make another rdv for mid-January, go pay at my school, get proof, and not have to pay the 70 euros for the tax stamps again...and it would more than likely get renewed until the end of August, 2012.  Um, yes please, I will take the second option.  

SO, long story short.  Best outcome is that I go January 10th, with proof that I am paid up until the end of the year, they take everything and I will get my visa back 1 month later.  Not so ideal...they will discover some other loophole that I need to jump through for yet another signature, another fee, or another official document.  It's a good thing I'm head over heels in love with Paris...if I wasn't, I'm not sure it would be worth it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment