Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Friday, December 9, 2011

Speculoos à Tartiner

You know one thing I'm going to miss from Europe once I'm back in the states?  Speculoos cream.  Consistency of peanut butter, but its a delicious sweet anytime spread.  It's good on bananas, a baguette, or heck...just from the spoon.  

Speculoos are Belgian spice cookies containing lots of brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger (somewhat resembling a gingersnap).  They were originally baked on St. Nicholas' Feast (Dec. 5) but are now found all year round.  I first discovered it on our trip to Belgium last summer, and don't buy it very often because it is certain that the jar won't last very long.  If its sitting around I will gladly choose Speculoos cream over peanut butter or nutella any day.  



I heard its now being slowly imported to the States, I can only hope that wherever I move will have a couple of jars every now and then!  

No comments:

Post a Comment