Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Friday, December 7, 2012

All Things Merry And Bright

Bright?  

This time last year I was climbing the Arc de Triomphe for the 3rd or 4th time and we were marveling at the awful spaceship lights on the Champs Élysées.  This year?  I would give anything to see those horrible lights and climb some 284 stairs to my favorite view in Paris.  


 I am stuck behind red lights and traffic and no building is more than 3 stories high and the best skyline view I have is the sunset over Wal-Mart.  


But, (yes, there is always a but...) I am here with my family and at this point in my life is something I am so thankful for.  Not being here the past two years and certainly not knowing where I will be next year makes this one seem extra special for me.  And although some of them won't admit it (you know who you are), I am certain they are just as thankful to have me here as I am to be here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment