Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Holiday Movie

I committed to the December photo challenge, but some of them might be more difficult to decide on than expected!  

I was never a National Lampoon's fan...and It's A Wonderful Life always makes me cry.  I love Bing Crosby in White Christmas , but it's not really from my generation.  A Charlie Brown Christmas always brings a smile to my face when Linus drags around his dirty blankie, and the Polar Express tugs at my heartstrings when the little boy discovers he's lost his silver bell.  The Santa Clause makes me giggle as Tim Allen becomes a more-than-obvious Santa Clause candidate in his Christmas classic.  Home Alone runs a very close second.  The story line, early 90's wardrobe, and John Candy's choral group singing in the back of the van are superbly hilarious.  But my absolute favorite Christmas movie?  

Love Actually.  



It is a classic tale of 8 British couples that intertwine whether by lovers, affairs, friends, family, or people in passing during Christmastime.  Some are falling in love, some falling out of love, some are sad, some are blissfully happy, some are full of flirtatious delight and some are filled with heartless affairs.  But it is a rom-com, after all, and all couples and relationships end on a positive note at Heathrow Airport in London, England.  Colin Firth, Keira Knightly, Hugh Grant, Emma Thompson, and Liam Neeson are sure to bring a smile to your face this Christmas season.  Some think it's a flop of too many over shared stories, but I like to think it's an excuse to believe that there is someone out there for everyone....in the most unexpected places.  

No comments:

Post a Comment