Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Ornaments

Today was one of my most favorite days of the year.  Running Christmas errands, bickering over the price of the Christmas tree, picking up band fruit, bickering over the price of the Christmas tree, shopping for those boxes of Chex which only means one thing = Chex Mix!, bickering over the price of Christmas tree, buying the overpriced Christmas tree, and the icing on the cake...being able to put up the Christmas tree with my family!  We put my Christmas playlist on shuffle, warmed up some hot cocoa, got the neatly organized ornament boxes out of storage and got to work.  

The thing about our tree is that it is not themed, it doesn't have huge bows or ribbons, there are no feathers or tricks, and it is not all one color-nor trendy pink and green.  But-(I told you...there is always a but) it has memories from years ago.  Ornaments from when I was a baby, from when mom was a teacher, from vacations, ornaments that we handmade in school from various years ago.  It's not just a tree.  It's a tree of memories and traditions, it's a tree of the past and a tree of the present, a tree of two families blending together.  




Mom bought this the first Christmas I was in Paris. 
Baby ornament from my Granny!
Angelina Ballerina
Think I danced when I was little or what? 
The new ornament I bought this year.  I couldn't find one in Paris  that wasn't very cheesy/touristy. 
Ohhh...Kindergarten.



Laine and Pat fillin' her up for the first time.
The day passed by very quickly as I imagine the next 16 or 17 will before Christmas.  Tomorrow we are churching and decorating the tree at Mimi's.  Tomorrow afternoon is little Toby's birthday party in Cool Springs at Chuck E Cheese's...ooooohhhh boy.  Doesn't that sound like fun!?  But, really, birthdays are always fun...especially when you're 4! 

No comments:

Post a Comment