Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Monday, January 23, 2012

Bon Anni Taylor!

I went out to Chatou to get Taylor early afternoon on Saturday.  The girls had plotted a spot in the château gardens in Saint-Germain-en-Laye and we had planned to spend the afternoon in Taylor's part of the woods for his special day.  We all chipped in and found an old map of Paris that he has wanted for awhile...may not be the exact replica that he's looking for but it was close enough..and I popped in to Ladurée that morning before catching the RER to pick up macarons all around and a special birthday cake for Taylor.  

It took an act of congress to get us all out in the suburbs at the right place at the right time, but we pulled it off without too much trouble!  It was yet another dreary, grey day over Paris but put a candle in a Ladurée specialty, le Saint-Honoré, and it's enough to brighten anyone's day.  






We had a bit of a wander around Saint-Germain-en-Laye and then went for lucious crêpes at a small restaurant nearby.  I had the Valéria, chicken, potatoes, tomatoes, cheese, and crème fraîche all rolled into one huge, too-big-to-finish galette.  


Sounds like a pretty decent birthday, non? Unfortunately I had to babysit Saturday night, but promised a celebration next weekend in Amsterdam!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment