Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Today was started off by a chocolat chaud at Paul, and a normal Saturday morning pain au chocolat.  Except this time, Laura brought the pain au chocolat from the boulangerie around the corner from her house.  It was a much crispier pain au chocolat from our previous ones, but the chocolate was gooey and meltily delicious.  I know, meltily is not a word but it had to be used.  

Being the 3rd sunny day in a row (yes, now we count the sunny days...not the rainy days) we chose to follow the Seine down to Jardin des Tuileries and to Place de la Concorde.  Easily one of my favorite places in Paris on a sunny day.  It's got everything good that Paris has to offer, Champs Elysées, beautiful fountains, the obelisk, Jardin de Tuileries, the Louvre, la Tour Eiffel, le Grand Palais...the list just goes on and on!  Pictures don't do it justice.  


We did a little soldes shopping at Longchamp (okay, so we didn't actually do any shopping, just more looking) and they had my beautiful bag that I've been eyeing in the window for 5 months.  The bright blue snake skin handbag that is the perfect size and shape, but alas, on sale, it is still 400 euros.  I thought to myself.....London.....or the bag.....honestly, it is a toss up, but in the end I chose London.  I hope I don't regret that decision.  

We ended the afternoon in Le Marais/Hôtel de Ville.  Not feeling a falafel, I veered away from the group and went into a Jewish bakery on Rue des Rosiers.  I am so glad I did.  I walked away with some awesome homemade hummus, real dill pickles, a poppyseed bagel....and this sandwich that will rock your world.  

Pastrami, some sort of pickled meat, cucumbers, pickles, tomatoes, and a red pepper relish.  On a warm, soft, poppyseed onion bun.  
Hummus, Eggplant caviar, tapenade, roasted tongue of some sort...
Some dessert fluff, creamy fish goo, and fresh roasted red peppers all at your disposal.  
I have been meaning to stop by this display since I saw the article in the Direct Matin daily journal, but was glad I stumbled upon it today.  The city of Paris has been reducing their "carbon footprint" and really focusing on recycling efforts lately so these plastic bottle trees seem appropriate.  There is garland on the outside of the Mairie of the IVth arrondissement made out of these same bottles.  Pretty cool idea..I only hope after they tear them down they are recycled!  


Red and green 'Badoit' bottles to be exact.  

Babysitting tonight, watching Franck's illegally downloaded version of "J. Edgar" in English, and church tomorrow.  Hoping for another sunny day!  




No comments:

Post a Comment