Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Success feels so darn good.

Well everyone, I went for my 5th visa appointment today.  I arrived at 8:30 to a hugely long line that looked like it started forming at 6 am.  Luckily after I passed through security, I went directly to guichet Z like I was told last time, handed over the papers that they needed, proof that I paid for school through June, and took a seat and got comfortable.  I don't know what they do back there and why it takes so long.  I guess its because they analyze every. single. detail. of your dossier.  

I was called back to guichet U around 9:45...not a bad wait I thought.  (Don't know whether thats me becoming accustomed to queues in France or what...but it wasn't long at all.)  She asked me to sign a few documents, hand over my crazy, standard sized, prison, no smile, passport photos, and to verify some information.  After she carefully took out a double sided piece of tape to attach my photo, she handed me a small piece of paper with another rendez-vous time.  It had a date on it to which I was to return and pick up my titre de séjour!!! SUCCESS!!!!  (Titre de séjour = visa/residence permit.)  She doesn't know how long it will be extended for, but I am hoping through the end of July.  

I bounced out of the office on cloud 9, and couldn't wait to text everyone I knew.  I am not celebrating until it is IN MY HANDS, but am much more at ease now.  Downside...I paid for 70 euros worth of tax stamps that I didn't need to, and now have to buy 49 more euros of different tax stamps.  My Christmas money is dwindling down to nothing....but-I will now be legal!!! haha!  

I go back March 12th to pick up my titre de séjour but until then I have a récipissé and I can travel and function as normal.

So rest easy parents, friends, and grandparents....J'ai réussi!!!! 

1 comment: