Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Friday, January 20, 2012

Cakes and Cupcakes

Since Chloé is coming back today, we made a cake yesterday for her arrival.  Marie-Césare chose vanilla cake with strawberry icing (for her mom...just happens to be a favorite of Marie-Césare as well).  We had some extra batter so we made little cupcakes and distributed them to some of the neighbors.  The cake turned out pretty good, and the icing was delish.  Marie-Césare was a bit impatient, so we put the icing on the cake too soon and it melted and ran off...but still looked presentable.  She was so proud.  



For Christmas, I had given her a whole baking/cupcake set.  In the box were tons of sprinkles (including the ones you see here), a small, multicolored whisk, a fun spatula that stands up on the counter, Hello Kitty cupcake liners, and a cupcake recipe book.  Now, baking is fun and she loves to be able to use her whisk and her spatula.  


As we waited on Franck to get home we pulled out a toy that we haven't played with since the first month I arrived.  We drew a house, and all the loving people in the house.  This is, of course, my idea of a house.  Her idea of a house is an apartment building with a sidewalk out front.  But she went along with mine anyway....

Franck, Chloé, Gaspard, Marie-Césare, and Maggie!
Tomorrow is Taylor's 25th birthday..woohoo!!!! Happy Birthday Taylor!!! So, I told him I was coming out to Saint-Germain-en-Laye for the day.  Unfortunately, I told Chloé a month ago I could babysit tomorrow night not even putting the two dates together.  At least I'll be able to spend the day with him before I head off to kid-land at night!  And we're going to Amsterdam next weekend so I have no fear that a celebration will be going down then as well......

No comments:

Post a Comment