Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Familiar Faces!

Since I had to find alternate plans for the weekend, regular Saturday morning pain au chocolat seemed to be the answer.  We always meet at St-Michel fountain, and walk down the street to Paul because they have an upstairs room where we can sneak our pain au chocolats from another boulangerie without anyone noticing.  

St-Michel was not the same today!! Someone had put bubble bath in the water, therefore making amazing suds in the fountain.  It is done from time to time but I, personally, haven't witnessed it.  Amazingly hilarious.  



This week a sorority sister of mine, Colleen, has been in town visiting.  I have had the wonderful opportunity to join her and her father for a couple of meals.  She lives in Chicago, so we probably wouldn't have met up under other circumstances...but it sure is lovely to see a familiar face!!  Colleen was a year older than me, but we had several classes together and were good friends.  



Tonight we are headed to restaurant Andy Wahloo.  Suppose to be a Moroccan inspired restaurant/bar for the upwardly mobile...or those just looking for a change of pace.  5 euro happy hour cocktails had Laura sold, so we are going to try and make it in time for a drink or two.  

No comments:

Post a Comment