Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Monday, January 30, 2012

Chinese New Year in Paris, Round 2

Yesterday was the Chinese New Year's Parade in Paris.  There was a smaller parade in Belleville on Saturday...but we go big or go home, so we headed to the 13th arrondissement near Paris' Chinatown district.  This was the same parade we went to last year, and although the parade wasn't any different this year, we were able to sneak in a delicious Chinese after meal of sticky rice, shrimp beignets, and sticky, sugary pork.  



Firecrackers marking the beginning of the parade.

Probably my most favorite photo of the parade, even though he isn't related to anything that has to do with Chinese New Year.  Notice his suit is made of fabric with SIM cards printed on it for a cell phone company and with this SIM card, you can "call all over the world" for practically nothing.  Yea, right.  

Because what's a "Year of the Dragon" without the dragon???


And then my obsession with precious asian kids kicks in.  I didn't get very many because of people being in the way and cutting in front of us, but here's the best of them.  

Really hating this person that walked in front of me with their poofy toboggan.  
So presh.  
It was REALLY cold in Paris yesterday.  Like, 30 degrees tops.  Our hands and feet were icicles and our cheeks as red as apples by the time it was over.  I've never been so glad to duck into a warm restaurant for spring rolls and soy sauce!  

No comments:

Post a Comment