Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Friday, January 20, 2012

ITALY!...It's happening!

Well, its official.  I am making a return trip to Italy.  Laura and I are leaving on the 18th of February and returning on the 26th.  We are flying into Milan and will spend 2 days there.  We bought an Italy train pass where we can travel 3 days within one month and our pass will get us from Milan to Venice (yay, Venice!) and Venice to Rome with a stop in the republic of San Marino along the way.  We will then fly back on the 26th to Paris from Rome.  This is one of the trips I said I was bound and determined to do before I came back to the states and it is happening!!! Last year, Ashleigh and I were so close to Milan, but never made the 2 hour train ride up, so I'm excited to discover such a fashion and design capital.  Venice was a given, and can't wait to show my Mimi the photos and tell her all about it.  We will also be in Venice during Carnevale and for Mardi Gras.  Venice has one of the largest celebrations in the world so I can't wait to don my mask and join in!  San Marino is on Laura's bucket list, and is the world's oldest republic.  Small enough we can pop it in one day.  And Rome...oh I can't wait to drink wine, have more focaccia, spaghetti, sit by the Trevi fountain, and visit the Vatican.  It is going to be EPIC.

Made some changes on the layout of the blog...hope you enjoy!
*Hopefully it's working, it takes a really long time to load on my computer!*

2 comments:

  1. Maggie, I am so glad that you are getting to do all this traveling for us armchair Wanderlusters. Italy in late February should be just about wonderful...with the added bonus of getting to see Carnevale in Venice. Venice would be spectacular any time of the year; please take your good camera for Venice. Thanks for taking one for all of us who wish that we could -- and enjoy Amsterdam. Such an interesting city to see and experience. Not as lovely as Paris, but lots of Rembrandt inside if the weather is too brutal outside.

    I like your new photo spread topside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S.: I figured out that I can't post comments on my mini-computer but have no trouble with the real computer. Problem solved.

    ReplyDelete