Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Monday, January 23, 2012

Librairie des Abbesses

Have been meaning to post this for awhile...just have never gotten around to it!  I wanted to tell you about my favorite bookstore in Paris, La Librairie des Abbesses.  It's a very small bookstore located just off the metro at Abbesses metro station in Montmartre.  Every time I pass by I just can't help myself but have a peruse around.  




I go in specifically for their selection of children's books.  Devine Combien Je T'Aime (Guess How Much I Love You), Bonsoir Lune (Goodnight Moon), L'Arbre Genereux (The Giving Tree), and Madeline are among a few of my favorites I have purchased here.  The selection always varies and yesterday it was hard to keep my paws off of Eloise à Paris.  

The walls and bookshelves are red and the tiny passages don't leave much room for reading like megastores such as Barnes and Noble, but there is something about the tiny shop with its climbing wall ladders and French storybooks that make me feel warm and cozy inside.  




The shopkeeper is super sweet, is willing to help out with anything, and is the cutest little old lady I've ever seen.  She must be 105 years old but she's still got spunk and personality.  So if you need a good Parisian photo coffee table book, a cookbook, or even a bestselling novel, I advise you to pop in to Librairie des Abbesses next time you're wandering the streets of Montmartre.  You will walk out with much more than you came in for, I am certain of it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment