Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day Two.

Slept really late today, I don't know if its the jet-lag still, or I am just tired! I did some research on which is the best bank, and had the best currency exchange rate.  I found out that down by the Opera there is a great place that doesn't charge a huge fee, unlike many touristy places.  So, I took my US dollars and headed down to the metro.  

The Paris metro system is one of the easiest, most brilliant systems.  Its easy to use, unlike New York, where I constantly found myself getting lost or not understanding where I was going!  I stepped out of the metro to what was a very chic and business oriented area.  Lots of shopping and tourists everywhere.  Where I live in Courcelles, there are little to no tourists, which is VERY nice.  You just go about your business and don't have to worry with the crowds.  I did have a win today! I was in fact able to exchange my currency! Yay!  As I was leaving the area, I snapped a few photos and headed back to Montmartre to pick Marie-Cesare up from school.  



We went to the park after school....that was an interesting experience for us both.  She immediately jumped into this sandbox...well actually, dirtbox.  She was dirty from head to toe.  Later, around 5:45 I tried to figure out how to tell her, "one more time."  She just couldn't understand me, and obviously I would say it wrong.  So I would tell her in minutes which was easier...but she has no comprehension of time so that didn't work either.  I ended up kind of dragging her home, and bribed her with un bon-bon on the way home! haha.... 

Tomorrow was suppose to be our first full day together, then the museum opening tomorrow night.  Her teacher is out sick, and Marie-Cesare's grandmother has decided to take her for a few days back to Versailles.  I am taking her to the creative painting class tomorrow, then we are meeting her grandmother "Didou" for lunch and shopping.  Chloe gave me the invitation to the museum opening in case I wanted to go.  She said that she had to work late, and that I was free to use her invitation.  Sweet!  Too bad I don't have anyone to go with me yet!  I will hopefully still have the chance to go by myself!  

Thursday and Friday I offered to keep Lila and Nile for Sabrine since Laurent is out of town.  Just for an hour or two while she gets out of the house!  I mean, she does let me do laundry in her apartment so I don't have to carry it up and down 7 flights of stairs! :) The least I can do is watch her kids for an hour. 

Tonight, I did wander down a few streets once I realized how close I was to L'Arc de Triomphe.  Well, it looked close from where I was standing, but it was quite the hike.  


It is hugeeeeeee.  I mean, I knew it was big but I had no idea it was going to be so awesome! It was absolutely beautiful...minus all the cars honking at each other and going in 45 different directions at the speed of light.  

Then, I turned to get my first glimpse of Le Tour Eiffel!


Everything is so nearby.  You can be anywhere within 20 minutes.  I am so thankful that I am not in a hurry to fit everything in!  I don't know how you could come here for a week and see everything.  You would have to come 20 times!  
Turning in for the night, have to be at the Lachaize residence at 8:00 in the morning!  If anyone is up at 11:30 tonight, text me and be sure I'm awake!!  ;) 


1 comment:

  1. Maggie,
    Kelly sent the link to your blog, thanks for sharing all your experiences. I remember L'Arc de Triomphe with mixed emotions--there are a million, maybe 2 billion steps to climb in a very narrow staircase to get to the top--pain--but very worth it--there is a great view from all directions. Go on a clear day!! and did I mention how jealous I am!

    Shirley Hogan

    ReplyDelete