Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Friday, November 26, 2010

Laundry Day!

Laundry Day!! I realize this might not be a very interesting post for many of you, but I LOVE to do laundry. I guess I can thank my dad for that trait!!! ;)

Of course the day I want to do laundry Sabrine wasn't home...but I had to do it today because I'm out of clothes! With my plans this weekend it doesn't really allow me any time either. So, I put my dirty clothes in my suitcase (the most brilliant plan I've had so far) and lugged it down my stairs.  I had googled the nearest Lavarie, and unfortunately it was 2 metro stops away. Eventually I got there, figured out the directions in French, which were actually very easy, and sat to wait. This Lavarie was in a boring part of town and not much to do around it unfortunately!  Packed all my clean clothes back in my suitcase and rolled it on home.  Coming back to Courcelles a nice man offered to carry my suitcase up the metro stairs. It absolutely made my day. It's the random acts of kindness that matter so much!




I left to run a few more errands around my neighborhood and of course, just around the corner...there is another Lavarie! I hadn't walked down this street before or else I would have been mad at myself for not noticing it!!  Google let me down....

After that great adventure I went and picked up the letter my mom had sent registered post which was my ss card I left at home! No one was home when it was delivered so I had to go pick it up at La Poste.

Picked up M-C and went to the park.  On the way home we stopped and got some chocolate because I am the nicest au pair in the world.  Can you believe that this strange green alien spaceship looking thing is chocolate?  It's absolutely gorgeous and perfect in its own way.  Not to mention delicious!


Right as we left the chocolatiers shop it started snowing! Of course it wasn't much, but it was magical to see snow in Paris!!!  I know that sounds very cliche, but it was!  I tried to take a picture, but.... didn't succeed.  

Excited to go with Chloe to get my bank account and finish the paperwork for my Carte Imagine'Air.  I want these things off my to do list!!!  Musee D'Orsay tomorrow afternoon!  

1 comment:

  1. Better be glad you got that trait from Dad!

    ReplyDelete