Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Il fait froid!

Despite the fact that it's absolutely freezing outside today...it was a great day!  Went and met Chloe, Marie-Cesare, and Gaspard (Franck is in Cannes for work) and went to get my bank account.  Then we went to a little Italian restaurant nearby that they like to frequent.  I had a Margherita pizza and it was delish.  Marie-Cesare was however a holy terror.  I am so thankful that she doesn't act like that when she's with me...or maybe its just in public places and we haven't been to many public places together yet? I don't know....she was bouncing off the walls.  Chloe sort of tried to stop her, but...not like I would have!  Gaspard was sitting on the same side of the table as me with his head buried in my arm because he was so embarrassed.  I didn't really mind because I didn't know anybody anyway.  HA!  I think it must be a mom thing with her?  I don't know....but I was just glad I wasn't in charge!  

Left there and went to the Musee D'Orsay to meet my new friend.  She's from Australia and super sweet!  I got there a little early so I ventured around the Seine to take some pictures and stop in for my first petit macaron.  



Framboise!  (Raspberry!)  It was melt in your mouth AMAZING.  


The museum itself was stunning.  After we got through the 30 minute line to get in, I realized that since my visa is for a year, I am considered a long term EU resident so I got in for free....added bonus!  



The art was incredible.  I hate to say it, but usually that kind of stuff bores me, but it was familiar paintings from Degas, Monet, Van Gogh, etc. that I actually knew about! Degas' ballet dancer pictures are beautiful in person!  The museum was smaller than I expected, but still had the most amazing works of art.  It amazes me that they are still so vibrant in color and in such good condition some one hundred and fifty years later.  

I didn't have any plans and she didn't have to babysit until 8 so we left the Musee D'Orsay and headed towards the Champs Elysees.  This time of year they have a "Christmas Market" and its all kinds of vendors set up along the sides of the streets selling treats and trinkets, food and drinks.  Similar to the fair, minus all the rides.  Except at the opposite end of the Arc De Triomphe there is a large ferris wheel.  There were about a million children waiting in line at 10 euros a pop.  At night, the Champs Elysees was absolutely beautiful.  Every perfectly manicured tree had perfectly placed lights.



Hopefully I'll have the chance to go up in the Arc De Triomphe before they take the lights down and take some really good photos!  I have heard that is quite the task to take on...as there are stairs leading all the way to the top.  

Going back to the Champs Elysees to meet another group of au pair girls tomorrow afternoon!  My feet and legs are so tired!!! I came home tonight and just crashed.  Currently watching the LSU/Arkansas game...unfortunately am not going to stay up to watch the Ole Miss/State game buttttt I can only imagine who is going to win.  Oh the life of a Rebel fan...


No comments:

Post a Comment