Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Monday, December 6, 2010

Can I just tell you that I love all of my followers? It's so exciting to get on every day and find out that I've gained a new one!! 

Took Marie-Cesare back to the doctor today. Her oreilles (ears) were hurting and she still wasn't over the coughing and runny nose.  Unlike last time when we zipped right in and out, we had to wait an hour and a half today! Luckily there were lots of other kids and lots of other toys to create a distraction.  The doctor spoke a little English but unfortunately trying to tell the receptionist to send the bill to her parents was more difficult than expected.  

When we arrived home (7:00 already!), Gaspard was waiting on us!  He's really trying with his English and I appreciate that.  Fixed dinner and made sure everyone and everything was clean.  I always hate coming into their house on Monday's because Marie-Cesare's room is always a mess.  Chloe is always telling me to make Marie-Cesare finish one thing and put it away before beginning another...which makes sense, right?  Well no, not if the parents don't enforce it while they are home.  
I have successfully taught Marie-Cesare the words:  very good and apple.  Sometimes when I ask, "What do you say?" She will say, "Apple!" Which obviously is wrong, but when I hold up un pomme she immediately says, "apple" so that's gotta mean something right?

Have really been missing my swimming lately.  It's hard to go from swimming almost every day at the Y to none at all.  Am going to have to inquire about indoor swimming pools here in Paris.  Gaspard goes to water polo somewhere indoors so there's got to be options!  

No comments:

Post a Comment