Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Sunday, December 12, 2010

A very bilingual day.

Wasn't sure how long it was going to take me to get across Paris this morning, I left about an hour before the service was suppose to start.  Met Ashleigh at the metro and headed in the direction of the church.  We were greeted by a very bilingual staff...and lots of people!  It was a very contemporary service...much like Margaret's church in Atlanta, North Point.  I enjoyed it very much...but especially enjoyed the "bilingualness" of it all.  I could surprisingly understand the French very well, but it was nice to have the English to back everything up.  

After church, we decided to go see a movie.  She took me to a place near Bercy that has a small walkway with cute shops and restaurants...decorated for Christmas of course!  


We bought our tickets for "Life as We Know It,"  the movie with Katherine Heigl and Josh Duhamel-a romantic comedy...are you surprised?  It was in English thank goodness...with French subtitles.  Next time we're going to go see a French film with English subtitles...just for practice.  My brain was spent from church this morning so am glad it was in English!  The movie theater was HUGE. Like 38 screens with at least 300 seats in most.  Escalators up to each different floor, and super comfy seats!  


Came back to the apartment and made some very different tasting tuna salad for dinner.  It was not Hellman's, and the tuna was....strange.  But, I added a few things like I always do...and turned out to be quite good!  Having lunch tomorrow with a new friend and maybe a museum before its time to pick the little ones up.  Have to babysit tomorrow night as well, its Franck's work Christmas party.  Sure hope Marie-Cesare is feeling better and we can have a good day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment