Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Monday, December 13, 2010

Les Invalides.

Met my new friend, Caitlin, for lunch at a vegetarian Indian restaurant near Gare du Nord around noon.  As I stepped off the metro I immediately realized that this was a very Indian populated part of Paris...seemingly appropriate.  Lunch was delicious.  I ordered this HUGE crepe that had some sort of potato, onion and legume mash with different sauces.  The crepe was very crispy, warm, and golden brown.  My favorite sauce was the one on the far right, it was sort of a sweet and sour sauce.  


I only had a little bit of time left, so we headed to meet another friend of hers at Les Invalides.  Didn't realize Les Invalides was so centrally located and so close to the Champs Elysees.  We walked past the Grand Palais, across the Seine to what was a huge open grassy area.  Les Invalides was at the end.  Les Invalides is a cluster of buildings in the 7th that has museums and monuments that all pertain to the French military and the history of the French military.  I believe there is still a hospital there and a retirement home for war veterans.  Some of the French war heroes are buried there including Napoleon.  




When I picked Marie-Cesare up from school today she was hysterically crying.  She had fallen onto a chair and busted her lip open. Oh man, it was a loonnnggg afternoon.  As long as we were occupied, she didn't think about it.  But if she saw it in the mirror, or in the bathtub she saw her reflection in the chrome knobs and she freaked out!  It is also harder when she has her whiny days because it's more difficult to understand her French when there are tears and she's gasping for breath.

Figured out that the 17th is Friday so won't be leaving until Friday for Provence.  This whole time I've been thinking it was Thursday!  Chloe is going to take us to the station Friday morning and we leave at 11.  Been thinking about my Granny today as she is having her eye surgery.  Want to hear some news and updates and I only hope they made it to Nashville with the snow!

2 comments:

  1. I put up a photo (on Facebook) of a shrimp & grits plate that I ordered at a Winston-Salem restaurant last week. Pat quipped that I was trying to be like Maggie with my food photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep eatin and drinkin and livin baby!!!! I'm soooo proud that you get to have this amazing experience. Seems like yesterday when I was the one babysitting YOU! lol Love you honey and I'm keeping up with ya!

    ReplyDelete