Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Snow Day!

My internet hasn't been working well in my apartment (granted, I am just bumming off of a neighbor...) so I wasn't able to post last night. It's working at the moment, so I'll post last night's post this morning instead!


Again, didn't sleep well for fear of missing my alarm! I was so tired too...Hopefully one of these Tuesday nights I'll get use to that! Got some snail mail today from my dear friend Katie Lyn and I'll have to say It absolutely made my day!!!

It snowed for about 4 hours straight this afternoon. And not little tiny flakes but huge stick-on-your-eyelashes snow. Enough to cover the ground in their courtyard a few inches.  We were going to make snow angels but I decided that Chloe wouldn't think that was a very good idea with both of us sick and all. :)


Was able to actually help Gaspard with his homework today! He is so funny... If I don't get something he says I'll tell him to slow down, and instead of slowing down he just gets louder. I guess that's just a natural instinct.

Our TGV tickets came in for Provence. We leave on the 17th and come back on the 27th.

Going to see if I can do some laundry at Sabrine's tonight...I was going to hold out for the Bounce sheets mom is sending me in the mail but will save them for next time!

Took Marie-Cesare to art school today, ran a few errands, came back to watch Cendrillon 2 (Cinderella 2) and she passed out! She slept for 2 hours today. That's a new record! But I sure wasn't going to wake her up!  That's her "dou dou" around her neck. We never go anywhere without him.



Gaspard wanted McDonalds for lunch so I told him he had to go while she was sleeping...I can only imagine the crying if she had woken up!!

This was taken on our way to the library...


And I found this article online about how crazy this snow is!!! And how it was the biggest snow since 1987! It definitely took me a little longer to get home and I've decided my next purchase will be some rain/snow/sludge boots!  



I have to babysit Thursday and Friday nights (tis the season for holiday parties).  We are planning to go to the circus on Saturday with Padi and Didou.  Should be very interesting considering I find the whole circus concept to be awkwardly strange and creepy.  

2 comments:

  1. I love the pic of MC on the way to the library! It's precious :) Enjoy the snow...it flurried here the other day and it supposed to Sat night/Sun so everyone will be raiding the grocery store! Have you experienced the Monoprix madness yet???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!!! haha...didn't notice people running to the grocery store in the event of snow, but then again, like my previous post said....there is ALWAYS Monoprix madness.

    ReplyDelete