Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Friday, December 10, 2010

Elle est malade.

Internet in my apartment is still not okay…sorry for the delayed post! I am currently writing from a Starbucks...

Yesterday it was a sunny, beautiful day!! And I was so glad!  I don’t think I had seen the sunshine in a week and a half…sunshine does wonders for your mood.  I had lots of errands to run, and did some laundry, and even sent some letters to some special people back home.  Chloe came back early and didn’t want to go to her party, so I didn’t have to stay and babysit last night.  I was delighted, because I wanted to clean my apartment and put my clean sheets on the bed! 

Woke up this morning to a phone call at 8:15.  It was Chloe.  Marie-Cesare is not feeling well and Chloe wanted to know if I could keep her today.  Besides the fact that I wanted to sleep 2 more hours, I got up and went to their place.  She slept most of the day, and watched movies.  Which I certainly wasn’t against.  We watched Cendrillon 2 probably 3 or 4 times today.  How can kids watch the same thing 15 times a day and never get tired of it?  We went to the library this afternoon and since most children were in school, there weren’t a lot of people there so I was able to take some pictures without looking like a total creeper. 



This is normally filled with rugrats and nannies climbing all over each other.  And the frantic librarians trying to keep everyone calm and treat the books with respect…while the nannies chat on their cell phones or to each other.  They should have a sign that says the park is down the street…really. 

     This is also a popular play area, but on Saturdays they have organized book readings here. 


This is the genius filing system they have.  Maybe they do this in the States, I just haven’t been in the children’s section of the library in a while?  Of course, most everything is done on the computer like everywhere else so that’s how they account for everything.  It sure saves the librarians time rearranging books 400 times a day!  


I let Gaspard go get a pizza tonight, Marie-Cesare wasn't hungry and I was tired of their food selection so he went downstairs and got a delicious cheese pizza.  (McDonald's and pizza in the same week?  I am an awful au pair...)
Franck actually came home around 8:30 so I didn't have to babysit too late.  I was elated because I had been there with the sick one alllllllll day long.  Circus tomorrow and if we get finished in time maybe the Eiffel Tower at night?  It's going to be 38 degrees tomorrow so I feel like I should do something outside to celebrate the warmth.    


No comments:

Post a Comment