Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Sorry!

Sorry I wasn't able to post last night!  I hear a lot of people are saddened by my lack of communication.  Taylor, I hope there currently isn't a stick protruding from your eye.  Chloe and Franck didn't come home from Franck's work party until 1 in the morning and I had to be at their house again at 8..so that didn't leave much time for filling you in on the details of my day!  It was a good day to have an excuse because I didn't do much.  I went to Zara and H&M looking for something to wear for Christmas dinner and some rain/snow boots.  Apparently the family gets a little dressed up (as does mine) so just was trying to find something new.  

Having only 5 hours of sleep I was dreading today.  But, it turned out to be not so bad.  Marie-Cesare was very well behaved today.  I got a lot of things done including a last load of laundry before Provence and helping Chloe organize her kitchen a little bit.  Franck brought a candy cane home and it took her probablyyyyy 10 minutes to open the wrapper today.  


This is a better picture than before of her "dou dou."  Chocolat is his real name.  


As I was giving Marie-Cesare a bath, I fell frustrated with this drying rack in the bathroom.  Sure the washer is just outside the door so this seems like the most convenient location, but not really.  No one else uses the bath except Marie-Cesare and she is tiny enough to fit between the walkway quite easily-not I!! It takes a little more effort and every time I pass by a sock or someone's underwear falls off the rack.   


Have to run a few errands tomorrow.  Hopefully going to get my phone (everyone keep your fingers crossed!) and to get some pictures printed for Christmas.  And pack!! I am trying to fit everything into my suitcase and only take that because I know Marie-Cesare won't be carrying her suitcase!  

Am SO excited to be going to Provence.  Chloe said to be sure and take a book because there will be lots of relaxing and doing nothing-which sounds absolutely fabulous....and to bring warm clothes.  There is a strong wind that comes up from the ocean that makes it so much colder.  She also said we were going to try and walk on the beach one day.  It is a 45 minute drive so maybe not, but I am still ecstatic about the possibility!  My mom sent my amazing Christmas package with a new book from my Ukrainian friend Alona, a beautiful, cross-stitched, Christmas tree wall hanging from my Granny (she wanted me to have a tree...isn't that sweet?), as well as some fantastic other things and Christmas presents for moi!  Shout out to Margaret Dilworth today-she passed her Praxis!!!! YAY!!! She is going to be the best teacher ever and I only wish I could go back and be a student in her classroom!  

Oh yes-and THANK YOU everyone for all the Christmas cards, kind wishes, and encouraging thoughts!!! I LOVE getting snail mail and it absolutely makes my day when I get a letter!  It's always nice to know people from home are thinking about you every once in awhile.  I love all of you!  

1 comment:

  1. I saw your mom at the post office the day she mailed you the package! Hope you are enjoying your Reese Christmas trees!

    ReplyDelete