Pages

Since I am new to "blogging," don't expect this to be anything overly impressive. This whole concept seems strange, but I am hoping my family and friends can keep up with what I'm doing while in Paris for a year two years!

Sunday, December 19, 2010

To the Market!

Woke up this morning to a screaming Marie-Cesare.  Apparently she wanted to wear her special Christmas dress which of course wasn’t allowed.  Had the last of the delicious strawberry confiture this morning and headed back to St. Remy to the market.  Didou and I went to the boucherie, while Padi and Marie-Cesare played in the park nearby.  It was so small but had quite the selection.  The rabbit and duck in the case still had the head and eyes and some of the fur/feathers which to me was a little disturbing.  I have become so accustomed to just picking meat up at the grocery store not even realizing exactly where it came from. 




 We bought various items…saucisson de taureax, veal, lamb, pate, beef, eggs, and some cheese. 

Then we went to the fruit/legumes market and I was in heaven.  I took so many pictures…everything was beautiful and they had everything you could imagine.  






We came home and had lunch, thinly cut steak with some sort of potato/turnip mash.  A glass of Bordeaux, fresh Camembert, and bread followed the meal.  The Camembert was so fresh…it was creamy and had the soft inside that makes for a perfect cheese. 

Marie-Cesare actually played with me a little today…so maybe we are making progress.  She is very bipolar(spoiled)...but with everyone.  One minute Padi is her favorite then the next minute she is yelling in his face.  Maybe it’s a 3 year old thing?  We prepared the “crèche” or Provencal nativity with sand, rocks, and items we found on our mountain walk yesterday.  Marie-Cesare added the people and broke the head off of baby Jesus-sounds like someone else I know!  Tried to get her to take a nap but she refused.. I guess she’s afraid she’s going to miss out on something.  Tonight at dinner she shared some of her pasta with me…willingly…and after I got out of the shower tonight she wanted to come sleep with me.  Tomorrow may be a whole different story, but I would consider today a success. 

We drove back to St. Remy tonight for another traditional dance ceremony around a fire in the center of town.  It reminded me a lot of Williamsburg or something.  They danced the farandole of course and other various things.  Afterwards the town was able to partake in eating fougasse, a Provencal bread.  We also got some crepes (the one I had in Paris was better) and a garnish for the foie gras we bought yesterday. 


Hopefully I’ll have another day like today with Marie-Cesare!  

No comments:

Post a Comment